Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What Are They Saying


8/26/2009

3 John 6 6 “…and they have testified to your love before the church. You will do well to send them on their way in a manner worthy of God.”
New American Standard Bible

If we don’t get it that John understood God’s love then we just don’t get it. John was all about the love of God and this thing called the Truth. Love is an action, truth is a reason. The truth is that there is a God and He loves us – and those who love Him obey Him and walk in truth. The result of this is that others will speak of the truth in the truthful because it results in actions of love.

What do others say about us? Are we criticized because we are Christians in worldly clothes (thoughts, words, and deeds)? Or do they testify to our love? If my focus is Jesus Christ incessantly, then there is a good chance the result of my life is truth in love and that is how others view me and speak of me. Jesus said, “Let your light [truth] shine before men in such a way that they may see your [love for Me displayed in] good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.”

What are they saying…

Father in Heaven,
You are my Focus. You are my Reason for life and living. May I learn more and more to concentrate all of my life energy and resource on You so that truth may ooze from my being carried on the back of love in good works toward others and especially toward those in the Family of God – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: