Saturday, August 15, 2009

Unity of the Trinity


8/15/2009

John 17:23 23 "I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me."
New American Standard Bible

When we listen to the words of Jesus in John 17, we hear the heart of God toward us; Jesus is actually praying that we believers be perfected in unity, as the Trinity is perfect in unity. The outcome being that the world may know.

In the Trinity there is no competition or jockeying for position. In the Trinity there is common purpose built on the foundation of undying love, selfless-service, and consideration for the others. In the Trinity there is absolute acceptance. In the Trinity there is unity in goodness, love, and purpose.

So, it’s no wonder that Jesus would pray for that for us – and the Key that unlocks it all is this: “I in them.” The only way for this to happen is to see and accept, respect and respond to Jesus in us. Only Jesus in you and in me, can create purpose on the level of the Trinity. That’s why it’s so important that I avail myself daily to Christ by the Holy Spirit, that I may be perfected in unity with my brothers in Christ and show a hostile and unbelieving world that there IS a God, and that His purposes prevail in His love…

Father in Heaven,
You sent Jesus to do Your work and that work was to reveal You to a select group of men and women who would then share Your love throughout the world. From that time Your work has never stopped and now centuries later, You’ve invited me to be a partner with You in that work. I pray for the filling of the Holy Spirit to continually reveal Christ in me that I may help others and that the proof of Your presence would show itself in our unity of goodness, love and purpose – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: