Friday, August 21, 2009

His Own Life as Booty


8/21/2009

Jeremiah 21:9 9 “He who dwells in this city will die by the sword and by famine and by pestilence; but he who goes out and falls away to the Chaldeans who are besieging you will live, and he will have his own life as booty.
New American Standard Bible

Sometimes the will of the Lord is very unpleasant from the standpoint of our comfort level, but His will is never malicious to the ones He loves. In 1 John 2 John said His promise to us was this: eternal life (v 25). So, whatever it takes in this life to get the promise, no matter how bad it looks or even feels to get it, is better – infinitely – than resisting.

Jesus said, “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.” (Matt 7.14) Sometimes the gate looks impossibly small and excruciatingly painful or humiliating, but it is the path to the promise: eternal life – and the promise far outweighs the gate.

I will follow the Lord. This past year has taught me that to do otherwise (as I have done and have attempted to do) is foolish and futile. God loves me and has told me over and over, “Trust Me Paul and I will lead you through!” Amen Lord, may it be!

Father in Heaven,
You called Jeremiah to give the people of his day a word from You that they were horrified to accept – surrender to the Babylonians? NEVER! But that is what You planned for them; it was the path of salvation. And they ones who did lived, and the ones who didn’t died. I want to live; I want the Prize and I want to spend eternal life with You; so I will obey and follow You in whatever You say and wherever You lead knowing that if I do, the promise is mine and eternal life is the booty. I pray in Jesus’ Name.

No comments: