Monday, August 10, 2009

He Saw He Spoke


8/10/2009

John 12:41 41 “These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him.” New American Standard Bible

What do you talk about? Of what things do you speak? Do you talk about family, friends, work, dreams? I’m guessing you talk about the things you see, or feel, or imagine. Isaiah spoke about God because he saw God’s glory (see Isaiah 6.1ff). If you saw God’s glory, what would you say?

Isaiah said, “Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.” (Isaiah 6:5 NASB)

Isaiah said a bunch of other stuff because he saw the glory of the Lord and the Lord’s love for His people. What he saw he spoke about and 66 chapters are recorded for our instruction and edification.

What’re you looking at? I’m guessing whatever has you mind is what you talk about. It’s the same for me…

Father in Heaven,
You are to be the Center of our focus and the One we talk about. You are infinite and wise and eternally good. May my focus be more and more directed at You and then Lord, may I speak about what I see – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: