Thursday, August 27, 2009

How Blessed


8/27/2009

Psalm 144:15 15 How blessed are the people who are so situated; how blessed are the people whose God is the Lord! New American Standard Bible

Today’s reading starts in Jeremiah 52 and describes the overthrow of Jerusalem and; also it includes Revelation 1 where Jesus visits His servant John at the Roman penal colony on the island of Patmos. What a minute! Overthrow? Penal colony? What’s going on here!? Life, that’s what – life. My conclusion reading all this is, no matter where you are or what you have to do, if you look for Him you’ll find Jesus in it somewhere.

Not trying to be glib or cute; simply stating a truth. ‘How blessed are the people who are so situated,’ says the Psalm and that’s true as well; but the situation is not always so comfortable or prosperous because the Psalm begins with, “Blessed be the Lord, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle…” War is not a pleasant endeavor and battle is supremely stressful. But better to be trained by the Lord for battle than slugging it out on my own alone…

Today I will remember the blessing of the Lord and be grateful for His presence right here in my own circumstances. I will praise Him that He never forgets His people and is continually at work in us by His grace to see us succeed in our faith. That’s our God and I am His child!

Father in Heaven,
You are always here (wherever ‘here’ is). You do train me for battle because You know I’ll face them whether I am on Patmos or in Pocatello. But the bottom line is You are my God and I am Your child. How blessed are the people whose God is the Lord! I sing Your praises today as You sing Your love over me; How Great Thou Art and how blessed I am! – In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: