Friday, August 14, 2009

The Point


8/14/2009

John 16:27 27 “…for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father.”
New American Standard Bible

Jesus, in this brief conversation with His disciples, explains the entire point of all human life: “because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father.” That’s it! That’s the point of life. Everything else we know, do, and experience finds its place under that statement. All humans are created to know God through Jesus Christ and to believe that He came from the Father. That’s why He came…

I’m called (or invited) to rise up to a higher plane of living through Jesus Christ – I’m called to know God through Him and to receive God’s love, care, and direction because I believe. My belief is to keep me from doing stupid stuff and to experience the fullness of God’s love and life in my own. The Holy Spirit silently and powerfully illumines my eyes to the reality of Christ, and Jesus then leads me to the fullness of the Father.

Father in Heaven,
You love those who love Jesus. Loving Jesus means obeying Jesus and living as He did – solely to please You. Father, may my life be enriched and filled with You love today and may the result of that be loving people and doing my part to lead them to Jesus that He may lead them to You. For You love me because I love Jesus and have believed that He came forth from You – I pray in His Name, amen.

No comments: