Tuesday, April 27, 2010

With God It All Adds Up


4.27.2010

Matthew 14:17-18 17 They said to him, “We have only five loaves here and two fish.” 18 And he said, “Bring them here to me.” ESV

Maybe the search hadn’t been that thorough but the result was still the same: way too many people and way not enough food. The disciple’s math skills were wrong because they had forgotten the key entry into the equation: God; it wasn’t only five loaves and two fish; it was five loaves plus two fish plus God. That equaled enough food for the entire universe.

In Psalm 142:1-2 David said, “With my voice I cry out to the Lord; with my voice I plead for mercy to the Lord. I pour out my complaint before him; I tell my trouble before him.” David understood the New Math which was really the Old Math – where God guides, God provides. And wherever God provides there is always enough.

Friend, wherever you are today, whatever you’re facing, make sure that God is part of your equation. Without Him our math is incomplete. With Him there is more than enough of whatever it is you need. For me, with God it all adds up.

Father in Heaven,
You have never intended for me or my wife or my kids or anyone else to go it alone – You have promised to be there for those who believe. So God, my prayer is to You because You listen and act and give me what I need to succeed in a life of obedience to and faith in You. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Amen!

No comments: