Monday, April 26, 2010

What I Want


4.26.2010

Matthew 13:43 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear. ESV

I’m not real sure what Jesus is saying here but shining like the sun in the Kingdom of my Father sounds like something I want. It sounds like something I want more than anything this world has to offer. It sounds more pleasing and desirable than position, possessions and power. It sounds like purpose, perfection, and pleasure; it sounds right. It sounds altogether good. It sounds secure. It sounds immeasurably comforting. That’s what I want because I know somehow it’s all of that and more. I know it’s truth.

The other night I watched part of the movie, The Invention of Lying which takes a backhanded swipe at truth because people can’t handle the truth and making up lies that the truth is a lie somehow makes them feel better. It’s true that God is invisible, and indescribable but He is knowable and He’s promised a hope and a future that is beyond anything we can hope or imagine and though that doesn’t look like my present, it doesn’t mean it isn’t true – it’s just that it’s true according to God and not to my standards unless I adopt His and He’s promised that those who do are the righteous and they will shine like the sun for all to see in His Kingdom… Yeah, baby! I want somadat!

Father in Heaven,
Your’s, is not the invention of lying, Your’s, is the revelation of truth. And the truth is there is more to this life than my own agenda and more to life than my own reality. But there is also a destination after this life and that is Your Kingdom where You will cause the miracle and glory of Your purposes to make those who believe in You and cooperate with You to shine like the sun because they are the objects of Your affection. Though I am presently just a light today, may I reflect Your glory in all I do today, that I may shine like the sun someday – in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: