Monday, April 5, 2010

David Knew and Ruth Did


4.5.2010

Psalm 61:4 4 Let me dwell in your tent forever! Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings! ESV

David knew it, Ruth did it (Ruth 2.12) the place to be is underneath the sheltering wings of God. David prayed, “[Lord] let me dwell in Your tent forever!” He prayed that because he knew that no matter how good the world’s offering it doesn’t hold a candle to the promise and presence of God. That’s why Ruth went back to Israel with Naomi – despite their dysfunction (Elimelech and his family) she witnessed the presence of God with them and saw the difference between the Lord and the gods of Moab; she saw the gods of her people as a dead-end street. She wanted to live with truth and that is only found in the Lord…

Today is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it because the Lord is my Lord and I will dwell this day in His promise and presence. My identity is found in Him and His power – not in me or mine or anything this world has to offer. I ask as David did and as Ruth chose, “Let me dwell in Your tent today, and forever!” Better is the tent of the Lord than any palace of man.

Father in Heaven,
"Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for You have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy. Let me dwell in Your tent forever! Let me take refuge under the shelter of Your wings! For You, O God, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name"*; in Jesus’ Name, amen.
*(Psalm 61:1-5 ESV)

No comments: