Friday, April 16, 2010

Stick with God


4.16.2010

Psalm 11:3 3 ...if the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” ESV

This song reminds me that when all seems lost, all is not lost – there is something the righteous can do. These days it seems the foundations are severely damaged and possibly beyond repair. What can the righteous do? In the colossal struggles between good and evil, light and dark, the Kingdom of God and Americanism, what can the righteous do?

There has always been a remnant of God’s people; not everyone has gone down the ways of man. It’s true, but it’s hard for me to believe. What can the righteous do? Stick with God, that’s what! David’s answer was, “In the Lord I take refuge!”

Today, I cannot do a thing but stick with God. I can’t control the government, I can’t control people; I’m powerless to change my age and stage – but I can find refuge in the Almighty whose plans and purposes are never thwarted. The wicked might bend their bows, fitted with arrows to shoot down the righteous from the dark – but death is not the end nor will their purposes prevail. If the foundations are ruined the righteous still have a place to go.

Father in Heaven,
Your times and plans and purposes are way above mine and remarkably, include mine. I can worry and fret or I can pray and stay at home with You amid the turmoil of the globe and the jockeyings of men. What can the righteous do? The righteous can do what they’ve always known to do: give it all over to You, and then trust You with the results. Thank You for Your love, Amen.

No comments: