Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What God Does and What God Says


4.14.2010

Matthew 1:20-21 “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” ESV

Joseph was in a quandary, he was mortified that his fiancé was pregnant and he knew he had to do something, he just couldn’t figure what. It had to be quiet; he knew that, but what!? God’s hand was on this man’s life because of his lineage and because it was time to do something – and God had it all planned out.

What happened to Joseph happens to us all the time – things don’t always go as planned or things are way different than they appear. What matters is what God does and what God is saying.

God was telling Joseph, “this isn’t what it seems, so trust Me and go with Me on this one – it’ll be alright!”

My response is to be like Joseph – to trust God even though what’s going on around me may not be according to my script. When it looks weird, I need to keep my eyes open to what I see God doing, and keep my ears attuned to what He’s saying – Paul, son of Mine, do not be afraid…

Father in Heaven,
You called Joseph to lead his family through one tumultuous time to the next and You talked to him along the way and warned him and reminded him that You were in control of every thing around him – all You asked was that he trust You and obey. Help me to do the same, I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: