Monday, April 12, 2010

A Pauline Life


4.12.2010

2 Corinthians 12.10b&c “…I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” ESV

Contentment – Paul had nothing to prove; he was who he was and he was commissioned and sent by Christ. He didn’t have to prove himself to the Corinthians, the fact that they believed in Christ because of his testimony ought to have been proof enough. Paul was secure in himself, his calling and in his Lord. And Paul knew what purpose weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities were for – they were the tools God used in his life to keep him from trying to be Christ and overreaching his calling and ministry.

Paul was free.

I too must abide with Christ in order to be free in who I am and the weaknesses I have; I can’t do it all and must daily remind myself, this life is not all about me. So as I strive to live a Pauline life, I too am learning to embrace weaknesses so that Christ may have all the glory. All the glory; none of it is for me or else I don’t need Jesus and then I’m truly in deep weeds…

Father in Heaven,
Would You grant me the serenity to accept the things I can’t change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know which is which. Would You help me to live one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardships as Your God-given pathway to peace; taking, as Jesus did, this sinful and fallen world as it is, not as I want it to be; trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will in each and every circumstance; that as a result, I may be reasonably happy with Him in this life, and supremely happy with Him forever in the next? Thank You! In His Name, amen.

No comments: