Thursday, April 1, 2010

Help Us by Praying


4.1.2010

2 Corinthians 1:11 11 You also must help us by prayer, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many. ESV

God is omnipresent meaning He is everywhere at once; God is omnipotent, meaning He is unlimited in His power. And God is omniscient – meaning He knows everything. God neither expands nor diminishes – He is God almighty, unlimited, and never changing. So why pray?

I don’t know how or why, but I do know prayer is necessary and important. I know prayer changes things. I know God loves the sound of my voice, your voice, and all who love Him. Our prayers matter to Him, and His love and faithfulness never fail. I know God deserves the glory for He is responsible for our very existence and He has promised good to those who believe in Him.

Asaph wrote this about God in psalm 50:
[God says] “If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world and its fullness are mine. Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats?
Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.” (Ps 50:12-15 ESV)

It’s no wonder Paul says, “You also must help us by prayer…”

This day I will help those who work for the Lord by praying for them. I will help by praying; and not hinder by remaining silent. I don’t know why or how but God expects me to help by praying…that I will do.

Father in Heaven,
You call us to pray and You call us to help. Help me to heed the call to help and to pray – in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: