Thursday, April 15, 2010

How God Got His Point Across


4.15.2010

Matthew 2.22 "...and being warned in a dream..."

Joseph the Dreaming…that’s what this section of the Scripture could be called – excepting that Joseph wasn’t the only one to be guided by dreams; the wise men from the east were as well.

Dreams can be vivid and cause one to be awakened from deep sleep wondering if it was a dream or if it really happened. Sometimes my dreams are a scream…sometimes they’re just plain old weird. But they often get my attention. As yet, I can only think of one that I might classify as from the Lord and I’m really not even all that sure about that one...

But that is how God got His point across to Joseph and the wise men. And everyone got the point at whatever point it was necessary to tell them the next thing to do. Sometimes I wish it were that easy; it’s not and I have to live by faith that whatever I’m to do next, God will get me to move…I just need to obey.

Father in Heaven,
You know that I have consumed a ton of energy trying to figure things out and I keep coming up with the same answer – and when I need to know, You’ll let me know. In the meantime I am trusting You and calling upon You to take us to the next place be it locale, ministry, relationships, or employment. You are in control and You’ll let me know…I’m sure in hindsight it will all look perfectly clear…Amen.

No comments: