Thursday, April 8, 2010

She Gets It


4.8.2010

2 Corinthians 8:24 24 So give proof before the churches of your love and of our boasting about you to these men. ESV

In the early summer of 2008 former president Bill Clinton stopped by our little town here and stumped for his wife Hillary’s bid in her campaign for president. At one point in his speech (I heard it firsthand, I was there) he said, “And as for energy and jobs development, she gets it!” He was talking about windmills and green jobs and stuff like that. I listened and wondered what he really meant, she gets it… She didn’t win the primary.

Paul had been boasting to his peers, she gets it, speaking of the Corinthian Church when it came to helping and sharing what they had when others were lacking. Paul had been telling his ministry pals that if anyone would lead the effort in the sharing of resources to help the saints in Jerusalem who were suffering from a severe famine (comparable in magnitude to the recent earthquakes down in Haiti) – it would be the Corinthians!

Do I get it? My faith should stir me to action – that’s the evidence of I get it. My walk with the Lord is to cause me to act and respond differently so that those around me may know that my testimony of God lines up with my lifestyle. If it does, I get it; if it doesn’t I don’t. My faith, no matter what I say, without godly action, is not the real deal…and that is what others see and judge me by…

Father in Heaven,
May all I do today be for Your glory and that others may see You in me. Help me by Your Spirit to be the real deal – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: