Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Covenant


9/1/2009

Ezekiel 16:8b "...I also swore to you and entered into a covenant with you so that you became Mine,” declares the Lord God. New American Standard Bible

If ever we forget the standing we have with the Lord we need only refresh our thinking with Ezekiel 16. If ever we doubt the love the Lord has for us and for our brothers and sisters in the Jewish nation, we need only take a few minutes and kick start our thinking with a cruise down Memory Lane in Ezekiel 16. For it is here we hear the love of a Husband for His wife and the heart of God for His people.

If we spin the tapes forward to John 15 we see the heart of a Savior for His disciples - past and present.

It took the heart of God to reach me because I wanted nothing to do with Him; I was having too much fun forgetting about His goodness and love; now I can’t imagine life without Him – but I am so ashamed when, to this day, I wander off and forget about His covenant with me. Ezekiel 16 brings me back…

Father in Heaven,
You love Your own and expect them to love You back. It takes the power of the Holy Spirit to keep us from wandering away permanently. Help me to remember Your love and the covenant You’ve entered with me through Jesus Christ. Thank You for the reminder today – I praise You in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: