Tuesday, September 15, 2009

All Who


9/15/2009

Psalm 145:14 14 The Lord sustains all who fall
And raises up all who are bowed down.
New American Standard Bible

The Lord knows; there is nothing hidden from His eyes; He is God. It is of infinite benefit to have a God and even more so a God who loves us, cares for us and sustains all who fall – and fall we do; and fallen we are. We say things to one another that are hurtful; we make disastrous decisions that have long and lasting effects upon us and those we’re responsible for; we sin, and sin, and sin.

But the Lord sustains all who fall and raises up all who are bowed down – bowed down with guilt, sorrow and humiliation. God takes care of the humble and is opposed to the proud and arrogant; losers in the Kingdom of God look like winners on earth… Winners in God’s Kingdom are those who are bowed down.

I have heard it said when you fall off the horse the best thing to do is to get right back on. I think this also applies to the one who jumps off the horse. Whether you fall because of fear or you fall because of failure, God sustains all who fall.

Today, my heart and my faith are renewed in the God who loves me and cares for me and sustains me when I fall, whether it is of my own doing, or for some other reason. I am loved and cared for by Him! Therefore I am motivated again to give Him this day, and bow down to His Lordship over my life. God sustains all who fall and raises up all (even me) who are bowed down!

Father in Heaven,
You are the God of Success – there is nothing You do that fails to accomplish the purposes You intend. How wonderful! Father, I commit to You this day despite my fallenness, fear, failure, and foolishness; and my past. Thank You that the work You began in me, You’ll see through to completion on the day of Christ – I rejoice in that and thank You that You are my God and will fulfill the desire of all who fear You – in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: