Saturday, September 12, 2009

Watershed


9/12/2009

Daniel 4:26 26 ‘And in that it was commanded to leave the stump with the roots of the tree, your kingdom will be assured to you after you recognize that it is Heaven that rules. New American Standard Bible

Heaven rules – Nebuchadnezzar drools! They had a bunch of t-shirts and bumpers-stickers printed up.

I believe every person on earth in their life has some kind of watershed experience that poses the question: ‘will you go your way or could there be some other way?’ I don’t know how that happens but I base that thought on Romans 1. 20 which says, “For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.” (NASB) The result of the watershed is this: belief in God or belief in you.

God’s grace gives everyone a chance to believe but not everyone accepts the chance. Nebuchadnezzar however did, and Daniel 4 attests to that; and in his own words, Nebuchadnezzar said, “Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise, exalt and honor the King of heaven, for all His works are true and His ways just, and He is able to humble those who walk in pride.” (Daniel 4.37 NASB) Imagine if Ahmadinejad said that – or Kim Jong-il? (btw – always be suspicious of leaders who wear sunglasses…)

My watershed experience led me to faith in Christ and my journey since then brings me back (over and over) to this conclusion: there is a God and I am not Him! My God is able to humble those who walk in pride and I will stand up and say, He did it for me!!! And in his experience Nebuchadnezzar realized heaven ruled and Nebuchadnezzar drooled… at least until it sunk in.

Father in Heaven,
You caused a great monarch to come to his true senses that he was limited, weak, and no match for heaven. But You graciously showed him the truth. I thank You for showing me the truth and ask that You use me in some way to be a part of that watershed experience for those around me who are still wondering if You are God, or they are. In faith I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: