Monday, September 14, 2009

Behind the Voice


9/14/2009

Revelation 19:13 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. New American Standard Bible

John 1.1: In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. John used the Greek word, logos – in the beginning was the logos and the logos was with God and the logos was God. John then wrote later, “He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called Logos.” Our God is the Word, the Voice and the Person who speaks it!

But the Word isn’t just a sound or a voice; it is the Person behind the logos that matters. The Bible is one gigantic recording of the Voice of God and all that Voice represents. Peter reminds us, “For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water…” (2 Peter 3.5 NASB) Peter said, “by the logos”.

The Person behind the Voice speaks everyday to every person on earth – red and yellow; black and white, they are precious in His sight. But not everyone listens. Many ‘hear’ the Voice and call it religion or ridiculous but it is the Voice and the Person speaking.

That is why I worship the Bible – okay if that’s too whacky for you – I exceedingly reverence the Bible, and give myself to the study of it and to talking about it and writing about it, that I may OBEY it – it is my copy of the Logos and it changes my life and the very creation around me so spoiled by sin. It both encourages me and convicts me. It tells me when I am trying to play God and where I am trying to control my destiny. There is no other document on earth that can make that claim.

Father in Heaven,
You are never random; You have a purpose for everything in Heaven and on earth. John tells me Your name is Logos and I worship You because You have leaned down to speak to me – God, thank You for Your Voice, and for Your logos, and for changing me, and for the invitation to get to know You better – what a place earth would be if we all could do that! In Logos’ Name I pray, amen.

No comments: