Saturday, September 5, 2009

In Your Midst


9/5/2009

Ezekiel 28:22 22 "...and say,
‘Thus says the Lord God,
“Behold, I am against you, O Sidon,
And I will be glorified in your midst.
Then they will know that I am the Lord when I execute judgments in her..." New American Standard Bible

God will be glorified; they will all say that and see that. And He can be glorified now by choice, or He will be glorified later by force. The judgments of Ezekiel against the nations around Israel who rejoiced at her downfall have one common theme: “Then they will know [indisputably] that I am the Lord!”

Although God is gracious and loving He is not to be toyed with, mocked, or ignored; and He means business – He will make Himself known now to those who humbly seek, or He will make Himself known later by cataclysmic ‘acts of God’.

Now is not the time for me to pursue life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; the world is at war in a titanic struggle of truth versus error – and I find myself (by God’s grace) right smack in the middle of it. But my comfort is this: He has shown His glory to me! I can rest knowing that whether I live or die, God has glorified Himself in me through the knowledge of Jesus Christ. So, I will work to proclaim that truth and I will stand on the side of truth all the while knowing that someday, when He is graciously, lovingly ready, “…then they will know that I am the Lord when I execute judgments in [them]”

Father in Heaven,
Now is not the time to shrink back, but to stand forth in You. Now is not the time to be fearful but to be faithful, regardless of the cost. Now is not the time to build and plant and reap and rest – now is the time to fight the good fight and to stand for the glory of God among men. Help me to do that with eyes to see, and ears to hear – I ask in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: