Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where What and How


9.29.2009

Luke 12:30b-31 “…but your Father knows that you need these things. But seek His kingdom, and these things will be added to you. New American Standard Bible

Matthew recorded Jesus as saying, “Seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added to you.” The overall desire of God for His people is that we would take our eyes (our wants, desires, preferences and focus) off of the things of earth and turn them toward the riches, possessions, and lifestyle of Heaven. Earthly life is the testing facility; the laboratory; the proving ground. Heavenly life is where true life is lived and where our true selves will be used by God forever.

God knows our needs; He made us. When will we get that!? God knows our need for food, clothing and shelter. God knows our need for employment and money with which to live. But God knows our need for self-control and how important it is that we not get too caught up in earthly things so that we can maintain and keep our focus on what is really important – the next life. And if we allow Him, God will give us all we need and more! Happy indeed is the person who gladly, willingly, and eagerly allows God to dictate what he/she really needs.

My life focus is:
Psalm 27.4: One thing I ask of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life
Luke 12.31, Matthew 6.33: seek God’s Kingdom first and foremost knowing I will be cared for in return
Proverbs 3.6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

One thing, first thing, and in all things… where to be, what to do, and how to act…

Father in Heaven,
You know how much I struggle with my culture, and my wants and desires. I simply ask again today to be in Your Temple, seeking Your Kingdom, and acknowledging You in all I do – therein is peace that passes all understanding. I then will trust You to meet all our needs according to Your riches in glory by Christ Jesus; in His Name I ask, amen.

No comments: