Sunday, September 20, 2009

That Voice These Words


9/20/2009

Luke 3:22 22 and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.” New American Standard Bible

That’s it; that’s all God said, “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.” No fanfare, no parade, no inaugural party, no dedication service; just a voice and just a statement. But oh, what a voice, and oh what a statement! God didn’t lay out a blueprint for Jesus to follow because Jesus was going to walk like we’re to walk – in obedience and by faith. And His faith got just what it needed that day when That Voice said simply these words: “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”

I too can rest on those words as well because according to the Bible I too am God’s beloved son and with me He is well pleased. My faith is built upon the truth that He is not only God, He is my God; and calls Himself my Father. With God on my side, how can I go wrong?

So, I walk as Jesus walked, by faith believing in the Word of God, “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”

Father in Heaven,
When You identify a person, they are identified. Jesus needed to hear those words and they rang in His ears for the rest of His life. I too need to heed those words and let them guide me in all I say and do for You have called me into relationship, not that I may live as I please but to live in faithful obedience to You – just like Jesus did. Help me today, I pray in His Name, amen.

No comments: