Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Value of A Person


9/2/2009

Ezekiel 18:31b-32 "...For why will you die, O house of Israel? 32 “For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies,” declares the Lord God. “Therefore, repent and live.” New American Standard Bible

The value of a person in heaven is infinitely greater than that of a person on earth. On earth, because of our own limitations we limit others and when others have reached what we perceive as their limits, then they’re replaced. On earth it is no big deal to replace others by taking their lives; it happens all the time. Our limitations limit us from seeing the giftedness, potential, and worth of a person. But God who has the supreme right to give or take life and death, takes no pleasure in the death of anyone because God sees what a person can become in Him! God sees what I can become in Him!

And God offers the way of repentance and life and continued potential; all He’s offering hinges on being linked up with Him.

So, God knows the result of my choices and sometimes has to ask me, “Why will you die, Paul? Why are you doing what you’re doing; the result of that is death?” I must carefully weigh my choices and consider the path that I may have taken. If it leads to life I must continue; but if it leads to death, I must repent and get the heck out of there! I must learn to value others the way God does, regardless of what potential I see or don’t see in them…

Father in Heaven,
Your way of measuring is different than ours. We are limited by limitations and You are not. Help me to see others the way You see them and to not place limits on them that are based on what I see or think – they are Yours. I will value according to heaven and not according to earth and I will do that by following Jesus and remaining faithful to Him – in His Name, amen.

No comments: