Friday, September 25, 2009

Maintenance Is Required


9.25.2009

Luke 8:18 18 “So take care how you listen; for whoever has, to him more shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him.” New American Standard Bible

Listening can be with intention, and with attention; but it must be more than simply hearing. The Word of God is intended to make an impact on our lives so that we live differently and according to God’s ways. Routine self-inspection is required. Routine soul-cleansing is required. Routine life-analysis is required; because routine misalignment, misunderstanding, misinterpretation, and drifting; and sin, are part of life in this life. Our precious over-priced automobiles require routine maintenance, how much more our thoughts, our preferences, our perspectives and our choices?

I cannot be one person in the Word and another person in the world; it is incongruent and results in a life full of friction, tension and stress; this too is for sure, my witness and effectiveness for the Kingdom will diminish. I must take care how I listen to the Lord and I must take time to think about my relationship with Him and the things He tells me so that I make sure I’m on the right track because whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him…

Father in Heaven,
You have given me everything I need for life and godliness through Your great and precious promises but Lord it is required that I live with intention, and pay close attention, to all that You say; and work very hard to make it my life. Help me I pray – in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: