Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Outcome


9/23/2009

Daniel 12:8 8 ‘As for me, I heard but could not understand; so I said, “My lord, what will be the outcome of these events?”’ New American Standard Bible

I’m sure glad Daniel couldn’t understand; makes me feel better that I can’t either. But I love Daniel’s question, “My lord, what will be the outcome of these events?” Isn’t that so typical? We really want to know all the answers; we really want to know the outcome of the current political scheme, the test results that come from the doctor, or the impending foreclosure on our home? What will be the outcome of these events?

Will we all become Muslims? Will we all speak Chinese? Am I going to die? What’s going to happen to me? Very natural, very normal responses. And you know what, Daniel never got an answer – instead all he got was, “But as for you, go your way to the end; then you will enter into rest and rise again for your allotted portion at the end of the age.”

Sometimes, I too want to know the answers but more often than not, I couldn’t handle it if I got them. I wouldn’t like the prognosis the doctor would give or the thought of being homeless, or broke. The answer for me and everyone else is simply trust. Trust in God, trust in His word; trust in the Lord with all [our] heart and lean not on [our] own understanding; in all [our] ways acknowledge Him and He will direct [our] path… I must claim His promises despite the fact I don’t have and probably won’t have all the answers and a clear picture of the outcome of these events…

Father in Heaven,
You have called me to live by faith and so I place my faith in You to see me through no matter the outcome of the things I am facing. Thank You for Your love and the promises of Your word that I accept by faith – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: