Sunday, January 31, 2010

Spiritually Skilled


1/31/2010

Exodus 28.3 You shall speak to all the skillful, whom I have filled with a spirit of skill, that they make Aaron’s garments to consecrate him for my priesthood. ESV

Everybody has something – some are just better at it than others. That’s the truth and that’s the way it is. But that is not the cause for self-pity just bexuase someone is better at something than someone else; all of us are important and needed. God wanted the job done right and He called the ones whom He had gifted to do so.

Some get art. Some get math. Some get language and some get cooking. God isn’t unfair that He calls the artisans to do the creative work – He sure didn’t call Aaron and He sure didn’t call Moses – He called the ones He wanted.

I can (and have) whine about the things I don’t have, but there is a real danger when I do. When I do I judge God for either doing the job right with me or doing it wrong. Anytime I judge God at all I am in danger of hell for calling God for less than He is. So two things I need. 1. I must be careful not to relate to God according to my construct, values, or perceptions. 2. I must routinely, regularly, and righteously come to God and ask, “How may I serve You best?” Or, “What do You have planned?” Or in the time-honored words of many of His people, “Speak Lord, for Your servant listens.” According to 1 Corinthians 12, we are all called, gifted and commissioned.

Father in Heaven,
Thank You for the gifts You give to whomever You give them, and thanks for including me in Your Kingdom. I pray that I would keep the proper perspective with regard to my own gifts and be joyous and celebrate as I see You working in the lives of others through theirs. I pray in Christ’s Name – Whose life and Whose Kingdom I serve – amen.

No comments: