Saturday, January 16, 2010

Part of the Solution


1.16.2010

Genesis 41:37 37 This proposal pleased Pharaoh and all his servants. ESV

It is always better to come to authority with a solution than with a complaint; or if a complaint is coming, bring with it a solution. Leaders seem to like that. They may not do anything with it or they may say, “Wow, what a good idea! You it! Go do it!”

Joseph, I believe was an optimistic, upbeat guy. I think he’d learned how to shine it on. He could’ve sulked about being in prison; he could’ve pouted. I don’t even think he was applying for a job when he gave Pharaoh the proposal; I think he was just being himself – and being Joseph, he was always looking to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

I believe this is the call of God upon His children. I notice God did not change Joseph’s circumstances but was with Joseph through them all. I think He treats us the same way – “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Heb. 13.5)

So I am to imitate and emulate a guy like Joseph whose life is an example to me of someone who wouldn’t be untrue to God or untrue to himself. I like that!

Father in Heaven,
You blessed Your servant Joseph and kept putting him in situations where he glorified You. May I have the grace this day to simply do the same – to remain upbeat, positive, hopeful and faithful; and no matter what happens I will believe that You will never leave me nor forsake me – in Jesus’ Name, amen.

1 comment:

hallockd said...

Because Joseph humbly accepted what God tossed his way for the previous umpteen years, God was able to entrust Joseph with both a message of dread *and* a message of hope. Joseph understood what it meant to dread what God might bring. So I believe he was very motivated to pursue what God showed to be the solution strategy. If God said ugly was coming, bet on it. If God gives the advice on how to deal with the coming ugly, bet on it too.

Where did you find that artwork with the tiny print? Is it an ad on your page? Part of your problem / solution blog?