Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Never Looked the Same


1.6.2010

Genesis 15:5-6 5 And he brought him outside and said, “Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” 6 And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness. ESV

I’m not sure if you and I could see how Abram believed but we can be sure that God who sees all things saw that a connection had been made from Heaven into Abram’s being – it was visible to God that Abram believed.

And I think the stars never looked the same again to Abram. I think on those days after whatever issues he had to deal with and disappointments he experienced, he couldn’t wait for the sun to set and the stars to start twinkling on one by one – each one reminding him of the promise of children that would be born. You can almost feel the excitement in Abram’s heart.

I love to gaze at the stars and I think from now on they will be a reminder to me of the promises of God that are mine despite the heartaches, letdowns, and disappointments that I experience. God’s love and promises overcome them all…

Father God,
You have made promises to us all and You always keep Your Word. Sometimes Your word is made to us and carried out in the next generation but You always keep Your word. Thank You for including me in the covenant You made with Abraham back then. I was represented by one of those stars and Your promises to Him are mine as well. The stars will never look the same to me again – in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: