Monday, January 11, 2010

Who They Say They Are


1.11.2010
Luke 11:44 44 Woe to you! For you are like unmarked graves, and people walk over them without knowing it.” ESV

A while back I had a BFTFTD** which went: The best way to approach people is through God’s love; then you know how to deal with those whom you don’t know who you’re dealing with… What protects and presents the disciple of Christ is God’s love.

Jesus made a point that the Pharisees were not who people thought they were and most folks were totally unaware. As believers we are indeed to judge folks by their fruit – if they say they are one thing and yet continually do another, then we can safely assess that they are not who they say they are – at least by their actions. The difficulty is how to deal with them; especially when they pick at you over stupid things and insist that you become like them.

The answer is God’s love. And great patience. And understanding that not everyone is who they say they are.

I want God to know who I am; that means being more concerned about what He thinks of me than what others think, but being careful that I don’t come across as an unmarked grave – presenting myself as one thing while being another. So that means I must live according to God’s directives. And His love. I am to be a reservoir of God love as I am called to be a representative of His Kingdom and His gospel.

Father in Heaven,
Your love o Lord, reaches to the heavens; Your faithfulness stretches to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains and Your justice flows like the ocean’s tide. Father, I think about my big mouth and the big things I said with it yesterday and realize I presented myself one way but acted another. I am sorry. Help me to be the real deal and not to get caught up in the petty squabbles of life, but to humbly walk at Your side. I cannot pray out of one side of my mouth and gossip out of the other – please forgive Your servant. In Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.

**Big Fat Thought for the Day

No comments: