Monday, January 18, 2010

Where When or How


1.18.2010

Genesis 45:8 8 So it was not you who sent me here, but God. He has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house and ruler over all the land of Egypt. ESV

Joseph’s story is perhaps one of the most interesting stories in all the Bible and it culminates with an old man being reunited with his long lost son – a son that for many years he thought was dead. What’s important in this story is God is given proper credit for all the circumstances that happened including the changing of some hearts.

Joseph’s story is one that tells of injustice and justice, cruelty and kindness, and hate and love among other things. But the lesson we cannot let go of is that God used all of the circumstances to preserve His people in the midst of earthly trials so that He could maintain His promise to one individual – not Joseph, but Israel. Joseph spoke the truth when he said, “So it was not you who sent me here, but God…” Like it or not, God is in control of all of all our lives and He determines how each of us will be reached, where, when, and how.

Joseph never seemed to lose sight of God’s hand in his life no matter his circumstances and the lesson for me is to do what Joseph did: keep my eyes fixed upon the One who reaching for me and not worry about where, when or how. By doing so my faith is built and God’s plans are carried out.

Father God,
You loved these people and You saw to it they would survive and they did. Joseph spoke the truth when he said what he said and may I have the same kind of faith he did – faith that honors You and trusts You no matter what. Thank You for this story and for what You are doing in my life, I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: