Saturday, December 26, 2009

What Speaks for You


12.26.2009

3 John 12 12 Demetrius has received a good testimony from everyone, and from the truth itself; and we add our testimony, and you know that our testimony is true. New American Standard Bible

Here is a truth: who you are, what you do, and how you live will speak for you. It doesn’t matter what race, religion, sex, or creed you are, your life – how you live, what you think, act and say, will speak for you.

Demetrius in 3 John not only had the testimony of the saints and also of the truth itself. The message of the Bible – the truth of the Bible is that God is love and those who know Him are people of love. It’s fairly simple. Demetrius was not only a God-follower, he was a people lover and the truth spoke up for him.

I am not called to anything extraordinarily difficult; I am called by God to live a life of love towards my fellow saints and among the world of ain’ts. I am called to live the truth so that the truth itself will speak its testimony over how I live and conduct myself.

Father God,
You have not created a difficult system of do’s and don’ts – You’ve called Your people to live the truth and to love You and love others. Let my soul live that it may praise You, and let Your ordinances help me. I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Your servant, for I do not forget Your commandments. Then the truth will speak for me, I pray in Jesus’ Name, from Whom, in Whom, for Whom, and through Whom the truth testifies, amen.

No comments: