Monday, December 21, 2009

The Sent Pool


12.21.2009

John 9:4 4 “We must work the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work. New American Standard Bible

Today because I am supposed to, under the order of things, go to work; I am sent because that is the way it's supposed to be. I have to contribute to the needs of my family, my community, my state and my nation. I am also to contribute to the needs of the church, local and overseas missions and ministries in my area. Therefore, I am sent.

But I am also sent to do the works of Him – God. I don’t just work for the money alone – I am to do the works of Him who sent me…God.

Jesus said, “We must work the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work.” I take that to mean as long as there is opportunity, because a time appears to be coming when the opportunity will be removed. But as long as the opportunity lasts, I am to participate in the works of Him who sent us all.

As Jesus was sent, by God, and as the blind man was sent, by Jesus, so too, I am sent by the Lord to do what contributes to the glory of God in this world as long as I have opportunity to do so. I am, as a sent one, to do my part in the works of Him who sends…

Father in Heaven,
There is nothing in the Bible by accident and the Pool of Sent was called so on purpose. Father, You’ve sent us all to do Your works and will and I accept that sending. Help me to remember today I am on mission and under orders to live a life that contributes to the Kingdom. Fill me with Your Spirit to do so I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: