Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Bigger the Better


12.29.2009

Revelation 14:13 13 And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, “Write, ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!’ ” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “so that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them.” New American Standard Bible

We who believe in God will not show up to Heaven empty-handed; our deeds will follow after us! The size of the pile or the number of deeds may vary but they will follow after us.

For all of us, today is a day of opportunity to add to the pile, or to leave it the same size as yesterday. Today is a day of opportunity to kill whatever is in me that is opposed to my deeds for the Kingdom, and to live for Jesus that my deeds and life’s efforts will grow in size and effectiveness.

James said ‘faith without works (deeds) is dead’; no sense in showing up in front of God with dead faith! I am energized and refreshed by these words today that I may serve God with my life and know that He knows and rewards those whose lives are at work for Him, the Kingdom, for righteousness, and for truth. I want to be in that number, when the saints go marching in!

Father in Heaven,
You seem to be impressed with effort when it is done in faithfulness and obedience. You have commanded that I love You with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength; and that I love my fellow man as myself. So be it Lord. Help me this day to increase my pile that on the day I come home, I may offer You faithfulness and obedience – the bigger the pile, the better – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen!

No comments: