Sunday, December 27, 2009

According to Your Deeds


12.27.2009

Revelation 2:23 23 ‘And I will kill her children with pestilence, and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds. New American Standard Bible

Have you noticed the tone of Jesus’ voice in Revelation? Sounds business-like to me. Here’s one thing I glean this morning – Jesus is the One who searches the minds and heart; and He will give to each one of us according to our deeds. So from that I base the belief that my conduct has consequences from the Lord. I also base my belief that my faith ought to be displayed in deeds of belief.

In America, I believe the party is over and we in the church are entering a time of testing that we’re not used to; our faith will be tested and all we have held dear – our precious possessions, positions, and performance – will go through the fire. And the result will be how we do as a result of our faith.

Jesus searches our minds and hearts and He knows what we cling to. My response to that is to let go of all I have come to accept as my rights, and learn to live with the privileges I have, that may be taken away at any time so that I may honor the Lord with how I live; privileges or no.

Father God,
May all I do, honor and glorify You. You search the hearts and the mind and in those places in me may it be righteousness You find. Help me to let go of all I’ve come to hold dear, that I may properly serve You this coming year – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: