Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh Behave!


12.3.2009

Romans 13:13 13 Let us behave properly as in the day, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual promiscuity and sensuality, not in strife and jealousy. New American Standard Bible

Paul’s argument here is to properly regard the governing authorities and to treat others in love as we treat ourselves. Then he tells us (told them) to behave properly; in other words to keep a watch over our own conduct and live in a manner that is acceptable to God.

So, I have something to do and that is to keep guard over my conduct. I must remember that everything I do has a reciprocal effect and I don’t want to be guilty of burning bridges. Every person I encounter is either a person in Christ or a person on their way to Christ. Period. If that is the case, then I am to treat them accordingly and behave properly toward them.

I have learned that it is much easier to get something done with others with a spoonful of honey than it is with a spoonful of vinegar. My conduct is vastly important and how I treat people will be watched by God.

Father in Heaven,
You have called me to be Your ambassador, and as such I represent You and Your Kingdom – a place where everyone is treated and accepted with selfless love. Help me to behave properly by seeing others properly and may my actions, attitudes and words be used to help those in Christ – to encourage them – and to help those who don’t know Jesus to see what behaving properly is all about and maybe as a result come to know the Savior – I pray in His Name, amen.

No comments: