Friday, December 4, 2009

Adored and Implored


12.4.2009

Ephesians 4:1 1 Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called... New American Standard Bible

Walk worthy – live up to the calling that is on us. Walk worthy – live life in the light of truth. Walk worthy – give consideration to the magnitude of God’s grace. Walk worthy – give thanks for all that God has done. Walk worthy – eagerly and enthusiastically join with God in accomplishing His purposes in the world. Walk worthy – pay attention to the way I interact with others and ask, “Does this thought, word, or deed bring glory to God?” Walk worthy – use the time He’s given and the life He’s shared to prepare for the next life and to bring as many others with me as possible.

Consider the calling and the immenseness of God’s love for His creation.

Keep an eye on the Lord at all times and respect His wishes and His commands.

Walk worthily – not worthlessly.

What I’m doing and what I’m involved in is worthy of my life’s full attention as well as every ounce of my energy and effort. I am a full-partner in God’s Firm and am assigned a mission right here in Eastern Oregon among those who do not see and do not believe; think to, or care to. I am called to live the Life in a manner worthy before them that they might see and ponder and perhaps seek after Him who called me that they may be saved by His grace and walk worthy themselves.

Father in Heaven,
By You I am both adored and implored. Father expand my understanding and help me this day to walk with one eye riveted on Your throne knowing I am called to be Your own. Help me to bring glory to You, by all I say, think, and do – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: