Monday, March 29, 2010

Whatever God Does


3.29.2010

Judges 7:22 The Lord said to Gideon, “The people with you are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hand, lest Israel boast over me, saying, ‘My own hand has saved me.’"

Does it strike you odd that the Lord would say, “The people with you are too many for Me…”? Too many? God, You can do anything with anyone, so I find it odd that You would complain about too many people… unless You weren't complaining, (which You weren't) and unless You were making a point (which You were).

Sometimes God takes away all of our resources, our hopes, dreams, and desires (and whatever else) so that He alone can be the One to come through in our time of need - lest we say we did it, when it was Him all along, and we attempt to get the glory and He gets the bill...

God must be God, and totally God, in our hearts and minds or we will be – there is no middle ground. And whatever God does or doesn’t do must be acceptable; the bottom line is trust – and that is what I must do. So, I trust Him even when I don’t want to and even when I think I could do better (foolish man, when will you stop?)

Father in Heaven,
You said it Yourself, there are limits; no, not for You, but certainly for me. There is a limit to how much I trust in myself and my abilities and there must be no limit in how much I trust You. Help me to trust You more I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: