Friday, March 19, 2010

A Special Relationship


3.19.2010

1 Corinthians 4:15 15 For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel. ESV

Who led you to Christ? Do you remember? What is your opinion of that person today? The Corinthians had gotten uppity and were dissing Paul, but he reminded them that if it were not for him they probably wouldn’t know Christ at all. Wow, that’s big; and now they wanted to bite the hand that birthed them and fed them – yikes!

Pride and arrogance are nasty things – I ought to know, I’ve got letters in both and am quite proficient. Today I’m thinking about how many times my arrogance has insulted leaders and fellow believers; my family members in Christ. It only takes a little disrespect in spiritually immature and unstable people to make a big deal out of nothing and to create rifts of rebellion.

The guy who led me to the Lord kicked me out of his church. Seems fitting, I was being a complete ***hole. I’m glad he did and I’m glad Paul rebuked the Corinthians – we need that sometimes to remember why we are where we are and how far we are fallen when we forget who we are…

Father in Heaven,
You sent a servant to share Jesus with me and I had such a hard time growing up. Father help me to grow and know that the pain of humiliation is a good teacher – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: