Tuesday, March 23, 2010

From For Through and Through


3.23.2010

1 Corinthians 8:6 6 "...yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist." ESV

Without Jesus I don’t stand a chance. Without Jesus I am naked. Without Jesus I am but an object of divine retribution and condemned to destruction. I am from God and exist for God by Jesus Christ through Whom is all creation and through Whom I exist. Anything outside of that is only and ever, divine consequence.

With Jesus I am taught how to live and enabled to love. In my life whenever love ebbs, it’s certain that my ‘self’ is flowing. The filter through which I am to live is the filter of love by which I approach God and relate to my fellow men; any other choice than this is disaster – not because God is mean, it’s that He is God, and from Him there is no other response I can expect.

If then through Jesus all things are and through Jesus I exist, then the litmus test is love and truth; and loving in truth. If ever I was a debtor, it is to this – through Jesus Christ and for God I exist. The call to this is the greatest calling of any man; and the fall from this is the most insane, stupid, and obnoxious act anyone could ever make… For me as God’s child I am reminded today that from God are all things by Jesus Christ and for God’s pleasure I exist through Jesus Christ.

Father in Heaven,
This is an awesome statement because You are awesome God; I want no middle ground. May my understanding be what my life truly is: from You and for You, through Christ and by Him – in His Name I pray and praise, amen!

No comments: