Friday, March 5, 2010

Geometry
3.5.2010

Deuteronomy 1:2 2 It is eleven days’ journey from Horeb by the way of Mount Seir to Kadesh-barnea. ESV

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line; the shortest point between God and me is love through obedience. It took Israel forty years to get where they needed to be. With the right heart it would have taken them eleven days.

Relationships and trust do not happen overnight; it takes time, investment, set-backs, forgiveness, encouragement and a whole host of other things to make them and keep them going. But the shortest point between love is obedience.

I wonder now how many years I have wasted in disobedience while God has been getting me to trust Him and love Him. It’s a simple geometric equation: the shortest distance between two points is…

A prayer I am praying these days goes like this: Father in Heaven,
Today Lord, I surrender total control of my life to You; accepting that I am to listen to You, obey You, and trust You to direct every move I make. I give over my hopes, dreams, ambitions, pleasures, and preferences. I give over my frustrations, disappointments, and heartaches. I will listen for Your voice, and do what You say. I pray for Your correction and discipline when I try to take the reins back. Help me, speak to me, and guide me I pray. Amen. I’m tired of wasting precious time and energy wandering around in the wilderness of my own foolishness and thinking, and trusting God to shorten the distance by helping me to see the value of true love through obedience.

Father God,
You know my heart and that’s my prayer in Jesus, amen.

No comments: