Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Language of Heaven


3.9.2010

Mark 16:17 17 "...And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues..."

Wherever you are in the debate of tongues or glossolalia in the Church, consider this: when Jesus said they will speak in new tongues whatever that sounds like, it’s for sure they will speak in the language of Truth. Now I’m not trying to shut down the argument of speaking in tongues but I am saying that to be born again is to speak the language of Heaven and that is the language of love and telling the truth. Most people in the world don’t like it, and most cannot understand it.

The telling the truth is the spiritual process of closing the doors of our hearts to all that is lies, false and worldly. New tongues are those that speak the truth in love to those who cling to the lies, the false and the worldly. New tongues might just be having a conversation with a coworker, friend or neighbor who for once hears the truth, and recognize their need.

Bottom line: the one who is born again listens and learns from the truth and begins to speak it; the one who isn’t doesn’t and can’t.

Because of my fellowship with Jesus Christ, I am to speak in new tongues, the language of truth, and communicate heaven to those who can only believe in earth. I am to get rid of stupid speech and speak in the tongue of truth.

Father in Heaven,
Jesus said, “And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues…” May that be my reality this day and always – I pray in His Name, amen.

No comments: