Friday, March 12, 2010

The Promised Spirit

3.12.2010

Galatians 3:14 14 “…so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.” ESV

God in me, Christ in me, the Spirit in me; the hope of glory. I try so hard to live the good life and try to keep myself from sin and the bad stuff. I hope I can do it only to find myself not doing it, and feeling guilty. But I forget – I forget it is Christ in me, the Hope of glory. I cannot do this on my own. I couldn’t sacrifice enough sheep and cattle, doves and pigeons – I can only depend on the sacrifice of Christ and the promised Spirit through faith.

God never intended for me to do this on my own because He knows the magnitude of the damage of sin upon the race of man – so He promised His Holy Spirit to dwell within each one who believes so that they may live in fellowship with Him and walk according to His customs and ways.

And today I am reminded of the Promised Spirit and what He is to me – my Hope of Glory and my Guide to help me make my way in faith in this hostile world that wants nothing to do with God.

Father in Heaven,
Thank You for the promised Spirit who lives within me and puts up with me and guides me in the Way. May I honor Your promise by cooperating with Him and seeking Your glory, not my own. Thank You for helping me – in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: