Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Return on His Investment in Me

1.19.2011

Luke 19:15 15 “He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.” NIV

Kings intend for their resources to increase. Kings go after things like power, wealth, status and glory. But kings need servants and those servants must be on-board with their master or they’ll find themselves in deep weeds. The king mentioned here (Luke 19) sent for his servants to whom he had given of his resources in order to find out what they had gained with it; the day of reckoning had arrived.

Every person on earth - when their days on earth have ended - will have a meeting with the King, and He will ask questions like: What did you do with My Son, and, what did you do with My Word? There are going to be many who say things like, “I knew You to be hard and I was afraid.” May will say, “All I thought You were doing with me was taking things away from me.” Some are going to say, “Well, I didn’t know any better.” Some are going to say, “Here Lord, here is the life You gave me and this is what I did with it.” It’s all a matter of attitude and perspective.

My life must account for something. I must routinely take inventory of my actions and attitudes to make sure they’re in line with the resources God has given me – it’s all for His increase. All my thoughts, words, and deeds must be for a return on His investment in me. And He never asks for anything He hasn't already put there...

Father in Heaven,
Today is an opportunity to shine for You. Fill me with Your Spirit to shine brightly in this dark world and to invest my time, talents, and treasures, for Your Kingdom’s increase – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: