Thursday, January 13, 2011

He Remembers

1.13.2011

Genesis 31:13 13 I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed a pillar and where you made a vow to me. Now leave this land at once and go back to your native land. NIV

Never before have I paid attention to the dreams people had as recorded in the antiquity of Genesis. There is mention of six dreams in this book before we even get around to Joseph and his dreams. Jacob was a dreamer and his dreams meant something to him. God got people’s attention through their dreams.

Jacob’s second dream is significant because God calls Himself the God of Bethel – a name that Jacob came up with; and one God didn’t want him to forget. The God of Bethel reminded the dreamer of Bethel that He doesn’t forget vows and will achieve His purposes through His people. Jacob the dreamer was sent home when the time was right because the God of Bethel told him to…

These days my dreams are few and far between but God hasn’t forgotten about me and He seems to use other means to get my attention and to direct me to where He wants me to be to do what He wants me to do. I rest in that because He is perfectly able however He chooses to get me to move wherever and whenever He chooses. But He reminds me that He remembers me and the things I’ve told Him I will do…

Father in Heaven,
It seems like we’re getting ready to move once again and I pray for eyes to see and ears to hear the plans and the purpose You have for me for this next go round. Thanks for remembering me and for giving me the gift of faith to trust You in the midst of these circumstances – through Christ, amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog