Monday, January 24, 2011

A Divine Personal Explanation

1.24.2011

Exodus 9:16 16 But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. NIV

You know, if Pharaoh hadn’t been such a butt-head, this almost sounds like a compliment. I think if you see it in the right light it is a compliment of grace and mercy. God said previously, “Look Bucko, I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth. [But I didn’t, so lighten up!]”

If we were to stand before God tonight and ask Him for what purpose He made us, I wonder what He would say; because, after all, God made us all for something, and to serve some divine purpose. That’s the nice thing about God – He never does anything random – even to a Pharaoh or even to us even when it seems so senseless.

Pharaoh was so filled with arrogance and human purpose that he factored out God – not good Pharaoh; not smart at all. But God in His infinite grace and mercy extended His hand to this tyrant and offered him a way out (which, of course, he was blind to). There’s not too many of us who get a divine personal explanation of why (and when) whatever is happening; and that we’re an integral part.

But to the humble, the broken, the suffering, and the meek, God says, “I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you My power and that My Name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” Change the character and the words have a whole new meaning… The difference is in the heart of the recipient.

Father in Heaven,
Your words are life to those who accept them, and death to those who don’t. Pharaoh had a golden opportunity to repent but didn’t because there was no room in his heart for You. So he needlessly suffered and died eternally. I accept that You have raised me up for Your divine purpose that Your power may be evident and resident in me and that I may proclaim Your Name to those who don’t know You. Through Jesus, amen.

No comments: