Thursday, July 2, 2009

Worth Fighting For


7/2/2009

Jude 3 3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.
New American Standard Bible

In modern lingo we’d say, “…kick butt for the faith…” Because even though Jude asserts that the faith was once for all handed down to the saints, there are always those people and/or situations that assault the faith and attempt to discredit it or twist it into something else. These circumstances call for earnest contention or effort to both maintain the faith and to reject anyone or anything that would try to deny it.

Vision leaks but so does faith. And so because complacency creeps in and we wear down, I must contend and continue in what I know to be the truth no matter how irritated the world gets at me for doing so; the truth is the truth and I will contend for it, that somehow through my life and words someone else will see that the faith is worth fighting for…more than anything else on earth.

Father in Heaven,
You have once for all handed down faith and opened the eyes of some to see the truth. You will is that everyone come to know You somehow but the reality for You is not everyone will. But through Jude, You urge me to contend for the truth by showing the error of men and their hatred for You and Your ways. Help me this day to be a shining light in a dark place and to contend for the faith I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: