Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Found


7/29/2009

2 Peter 3:14 14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,
New American Standard Bible

When the Lord comes looking it is best to be found in peace – the kind that passes all understanding and with no animosity in our hearts. It is best also to be found spotless and clean with no sin lurking and finding strength in our weakness. And it is best to be found blameless and not the cause of evil or wickedness not to be a partner with such that is in the world. And because it is best to be found this way it is important to make this the most important thing in one’s life – right next to loving Him and loving others.

Diligence is usually found where we place our priorities. Normally we are diligent about the things we care about. I am learning to care about God more than anything else and I am finding a hunger growing in me to be at peace with my circumstances and station; spotless in my inner man and blameless in my conduct in the world. That is what is important to me and ever-growing so. Therefore I’m finding that my diligence is to keep the culture around me at bay and to find myself occupied and pre-occupied with the Lord. There is, for me, no other choice and no other meritable occupation.

Father in Heaven,
Lord God, Holy and true
I find myself wanting only to be with You.
May I live each day in Your temple place,
Admiring Your beauty and seeking Your face.
And when I see my sins coming by,
I’ll run to the shelter of Your wings on high.
When at last Your face I truly see,
I want to be found in peace, truth and purity.

Because of Jesus I sing – amen.

No comments: