Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pleasing


7/14/2009

Hebrews 11:6 6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. New American Standard Bible

In pleasing the Lord, we must approach Him in faith believing that He is and that He rewards the ones who do… Pleasing God means understanding that He shouts and sings in unbridled joy and infinite happiness that His divinity has taken root in our souls here on earth; our lives from that moment on are eternally changed as they become from that point on a repository of His reward: grace to carry on.

I for the most part, have been dull and flat in my understanding all these years of ‘walking with the Lord.’ God’s reward is a big deal and I just don’t (or haven’t) take(n) the time to think about it and enjoy it as I ought. But even in my dullness and flatness His grace is sufficient because His love is so great. He desires that I succeed in Kingdom living and He is doing everything He can (which is everything) to nurture and grow that divine nature He has planted in me by His grace.

So, today I walk in His grace and in the consciousness of His reward because I am a child of faith in Him.

Father in Heaven,
You have promised all that You are to the one who will surrender all that he has by living in faith, believing that You are Who You are, and that You do what You do. Father, I thank You for Your reward – Your grace – which is sufficient to give me every success I need in walking in the Abundant life promised to me in Jesus Christ and by faith in Him – it’s in His Name I pray, amen.

No comments: