Friday, July 24, 2009

Deep Impact


7/24/2009

I Peter 3.2 2 as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior. NASB

Although Peter’s words are primarily directed to wives in this context there is something to be said for the impact of behavior in the life of a Christian. It’s more likely that our actions will speak much louder than our words; that people will see Christ in us before they hear Christ in us. And it ain’t just for the women folk – we men must get it as well that we are to go into all the world and preach Christ…if necessary through words.

My conduct is very important because people are watching me and sizing up my faith by the way I act. I think my boss may have had his doubts yesterday. I am to represent Jesus as a complete package – in thought (which manifests itself in my judgment), more importantly, in word (which others hear) and most importantly, in deed (which others see and make judgments about me). I can bring my life before God in the morning and make a commitment to follow Him but it’s when I play back the tapes at the end of the day and review how I’ve done that shows how well I did, and where I need to repent and start all over again.

Father in Heaven,
You require all of me – body, soul, and spirit. And because You do, help me to be the complete package in my private thoughts and conversations that no one can hear; in my words that they can; and in my behavior which they see and decide if this Jesus I proclaim is the real Deal. I offer myself to You again this day to live for You and pray that my behavior will make a difference – in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: