Friday, July 10, 2009

God Enjoyable


7/10/2009

Hebrews 7:25 25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
New American Standard Bible

Richard Baxter, a 17th century English Puritan, wrote: “Do no activity which you cannot entitle God to, and truly say that He set you about it, and do nothing in the world for any other ultimate purpose than to please, glorify and enjoy Him. "Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."” (1 Corinthians 10:31) When I read words like that in the light of Hebrews 7.25 the verse in Hebrews shines in a new light. Jesus ALWAYS lives to make intercession for His followers. If there is any truth I need to follow today, it is this: Jesus Christ prays for me so that I may successfully live every day for the ultimate purpose of pleasing, glorifying, and enjoying God.

Who knew God was enjoyable??? The child of God who understands and holds that Jesus Christ always lives interceding for him – that’s who!

Father in Heaven,
Yesterday when Your daughter said she was full of faith for no reason at all*, I think she was being sweet, but incorrect in making that statement. I think she's full of faith because Jesus Christ intercedes for her and that’s reason enough to fill the entire universe. Lord, I am humbled at the thought of You praying for me that I may please, glorify, and enjoy You this day – and every day. Help me to walk in that conscious reality today as I live my life and as I walk in worship of You – I pray in the Name of my Intercessor, amen.

*Posted on a Social Network...

No comments: